Tuesday 17 May 2011

Monster Munch

I have a penchant for beef flavour Monster Munch.  I am a crisp person; offer me crisps or chocolate, and I would go for crisps every time.  The trouble with this is that they are pretty much worthless in terms of 'good stuff' (scientific term), and incredibly high in fat - almost 10% of my yummy MM bag is gloopy sloopy oil. 

When I was under the Watchful Eye of WeightWatchers, I didn't eat any crisps.  It was sad.  I mourned them.  Oat biscuits just didn't have the same pzazz.  But now that I exercise more and probably am fitter than I have ever been (I even saw a bit of muscle recently in my thigh...in a certain light), I figure I'm allowed the odd bag or two.

Did you see this lady on the telly recently?  http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/feb/12/eaten-only-crisps-for-ten-years  I worry for her.  But scarily, I totally understand her obsession.


The moral of this story?  A little bit of what you fancy is good for you.  But a lot of what you fancy makes your hair fall out and your gums bleed.  Euw.

No comments:

Post a Comment